Momofoku Noodle Bar





Momofoku Noodle Bar, which means lucky peach, is one of the highly noted restaurants in America that I have always wanted to experience yet never knew when I would have the opportunity. Recently in New York for a quick weekend trip, Momofoku was at the top of my to do list.

It was Sunday afternoon around 1 PM just about an hour after they opened and there was only a short wait of about 10 minutes. Every seat in the house was packed, some with families who ordered the fried chicken dinner (which looked insane) and some just there for a bun or two. I definitely couldn't go there and NOT try the ramen so I ordered the Spicy Miso Ramen with early order of Shrimp Buns.

The buns consisted of shrimp patties as opposed to what I expected would come out as whole shrimp. They were simplicity at its finest, just a warm bun, shredded ice berg lettuce and pickled onions with some chipotle sauce. They kind of reminded me of something you would find at an Asian influenced high-end gourmet McDonald's. The ramen was a perfect example of taking simple ingredients and letting their natural flavors shine. It was by far the best ramen I have ever had. The different textures of all the ingredients combined made every bite unique and better than the one before.

Being as it was about 25 degrees outside, which is never a pleasure, there really was no better way to warm the stomach and soul then with a fufilling bowl of ramen, courtesy of Mr. David Chang.

Comments

Popular Posts