The Publican




When I think about how many times I've dined at Publican Quality Meats, it amazes me that I have yet to try PQM's big brother and original establishment, The Publican. Maybe it's because of they're reputation for impeccable pork that has kept me from one of Paul Kahan's OG spots, but I'll be the first to admit, I've been missing out. Despite having a surplus of swine on their menu, there was an abundance of other land, air and sea dishes including some of the best oysters I've had in the city.

Beef tongue with scallops served as an alternative take on surf and turf, and had me admitting to something I never thought before...I LIKE beef tongue, apparently, The Publican's got me feeling some type of way. The perfect and underdog dish that complimented eating al fresco was the burrata with mint, favas and strawberries with balsamic and left me wanting more...way more!

Well Paul Kahan, you've done it again. You've managed to steal my money while delivering downright   good fare and outstanding service in the most chicago style settings and the truth is, I can't even be mad.

Comments

Popular Posts