Mastro's Steakhouse

The first time I heard of Mastro's Steakhouse was when watching Entourage Season 3 Part 1 to be precise. Ari Gold takes Vince and the gang to Mastro's for celebratory dinner, and although I do think Vincent Chase (Real name: Adriene Grenier) is one of the sexiest men alive, during this scene my eyes were all on the seafood tower and steaks.

Wandering around RiverNorth one Autumn afternoon I noticed a new restaurant on Dearborn and Grand. Could I believe my eyes? Did the famous West Coast Steakhouse set up shop in ChiTown? My eyes were open and what I saw WAS real. Mastro's Steakhouse had come to Chicago and I couldn't wait to make my reservations. I patiently waited for a special occasion to make my reservations and along came Valentines Day. I made my reservations weeks in advance and crossed off the days on my calendar until the delicious day came! Finally My Mastro's date was upon me.

When you first walk in you feel as if the restaurant had just lost power moments upon your entrance, and the only lighting is the emergency lighting. If this were any other restaurant I would have a problem with the dim lighting but a sexy steakhouse like Mastro's I feel its okay to set the romantic mood. Our waitress was extremely attentive, helpful, friendly, and far from a snob. The bread basket was big enough to feed a family in Kabul and had a variety of around 5 different types of breads, the pretzel bread was definitely my favorite. Me and my date split the Wedge salad which was very good. The sides at Mastro's are what really drew me to the restaurant. They offer everything from Lobster Mashed Potatoes to Gorgonzola Mac&Cheese to Creamed Corn. I ordered the Lobster Mashed Potatoes and the Alaskan King Crab and Black Truffle Gnocchi as my sides and got the Filet as my entree, my date got the Kansas City Strip. The meat came out on a sizzling 400 degree plate and tasted delicious.

When it comes down to it Mastro's is not only an exceptional experience but has absolutely divine food. They offer something for everyone, have an extremely attentive staff. I definitely cant wait to go back!



Comments

Popular Posts